At $1.99, this hybrid iPad/iPhone app uses the same simulation engine as the more expensive “Pro” version. You can draw your own obstacles, experiment with different sizes, shapes, aerodynamic profiles and see what happens .
Three segmented controls let you choose between :
• 4 touch actions : interact with the fluid, draw walls, insert smoke probe, use eraser tool.
• 4 visualization modes : particles, smoke, pressure field, velocity field.
• 2 simulation modes : wind tunnel (with adjustable wind speed), free mode (with no constrained wind).
At $2,99 , Wind Tunnel Pro is the extended version of the Wind Tunnel app. It adds visualization modes (turbulence, fluid direction), vga output, ability to load and save scenes, share scenes by email, rotate obstacles, adjust friction and viscosity, add propellers in the fluid…
Full feature list include :
• 5 actions : interact with the fluid, draw obstacles, draw propeller, draw smoke sources, use eraser tool.
• visualization modes : particles (streamlines, streaklines and random), colored smoke (predefined stripes, streamlines and custom), pressure field, speed norm visualization, curl (visualize turbulences), velocity field (visualize speed direction) combined with speed norm or curl.
• Load/save scenes, share scenes by email, import obstacles shapes as png files.
• Rotate/move obstacles, pause simulation with gestures.
• Adjust physical parameters : fluid viscosity, obstacle friction, wind tunnel input speed.
• Predefined scenes : airfoil, cars, rocks, Kármán vortex street…
At $5.99, this is the hybrid iPhone/iPad Wind Tunnel Pro designed to run both on iPhone and iPad. Buy this single app and install it on all your devices. It has the same feature list as the Wind Tunnel Pro app. iPad version benefits from an adapted and easier to use graphic interface, as well as higher resolution than when running on iPhone.
Wind tunnel lite is free and comes with three pre-defined shapes (car, airfoil, rocks) and a “particles in a fluid” mode. You can choose between “particles” and “smoke” visualization modes.